cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Attachment to email using flow via forms whilst updating list in sharepoint

Hello, I have been tasked with putting together a form for all staff to electronically fill out and then it goes via email using flow for any manager who is named in the form to approve.

I have this working, staff fill out the form it goes to the manager they approve and a list in SharePoint is updated. However I have now been asked to see if I can have an attachment added to the email so the manager can see quotes or other information that could be in pdf or word.

I have read some of the other posts but seem to be going round in circles...How do I attach the information that people upload when filling out the form to the managers approval email and update the list in SharePoint? TIA

6 REPLIES 6
Super User II
Super User II

Hello Team,

yashkamdar_4-1599941881083.png

Step 1 - After the Get response details action, add a PARSE JSON action

yashkamdar_5-1599941904849.png

yashkamdar_6-1599942325377.png

Step 2 - Create a compose action and load it with this r223720 value that becomes available from dynamic content

yashkamdar_7-1599942348021.png

Step 3 - Run the flow now and Go back to Run history and copy the body of compose action

Step 4 - Parse JSON action again and copy the body of Compose action copied in step above for sample to generate schema.

yashkamdar_8-1599942366313.png

Step 5 - Now you get your link to the attachment

yashkamdar_9-1599942408706.png

yashkamdar_10-1599942420371.png

Now we go ahead and grab file content

yashkamdar_11-1599942439400.png

Then Send an email -

yashkamdar_12-1599942535548.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hello, thank you for coming back to me, I dont understand how I get the info from your first screen shot, Get response, I dont see the same thing as you?

Are you saying I need to run the flow, then go back and I should see what you have? 

McTraill06_1-1600013343570.png

The items I have blacked out are peoples names

Hello Team, 

I can see that you have the attachment in r1c344, my form is different from your form so the final response will look a bit different  but I can see that the attachment name in your case is Safety alert something. 

So that field has the attachment, my form is a different form then yours so I have my attachment in a different ID. 

Hello Team,

Helping you with some screenshots-

Your body - Attachment is in ID r1c344907

yashkamdar_0-1600018083660.png

My body - Attachment is in ID r223720

yashkamdar_1-1600018313668.png

So you have the outputs correctly and now you need to just follow the rest of my instructions and you will get the attachment

Hello, sorry bear with me....

Do I copy the whole line or just the R number? no other data?

Thankyou

Hello Team,

Copy the entire data of the body, click on PARSE JSON action and add that body in Generate schema.

If you are facing difficulties in this, I have pinged you my Skype ID in a private message, we can connect over screenshare and solve this very quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (70,347)