cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuckFeris
Regular Visitor

Attempting to build a very simple training acknowledgement

I want to make a table that contains the users email addresses and will get a true or false response to a form.

table.png

All of these email addresses match the users' email addresses as they are logged in to MS 365.

I built a very simple form with a True/False question about watching a training video.

Form.png

 Then I built the following flow:

FLow.png

 So I want this to get the data from the form. I want it to check the table for the row that contains the user's email address and than update that row with the form data. In this way I can glance at this table and see who has completed the training and who has not. Then I can manually pester stragglers until they watch the video. (Extra points for anyone who can tell me how to actually sense that they have watched a video in MS Stream in its entirety without skipping through!) When everyone has watched it, I can archive this excel spreadsheet as a training record.

Here is the error I get:

Error.png

So what am I doing wrong here? I have tried this about 100 different ways. This seems the simplest iteration to post here.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BuckFeris ,

Please try to remove Apply to each and configure Update a row action directly.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BuckFeris ,

Please try to remove Apply to each and configure Update a row action directly.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for your help. Now comes the next part. Why was that the fail point? When I tested the flow previously, it checked out. That was disappointing because when it actually ran it came back with a hard error. This is something that should not have happened. And as far as removing the "Apply to each" part, why would I do that? Why wouldn't I want to apply this every time the form was filled out?

At least I got close. Now I am going to build something a little more complicated that sends emails to be filed to are administrative assistant.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,905)