cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan-Dupuis

Attempting to delete Row 2 in excel

Hi all,

I created a flow as intake method.  Adding a row to an excel spreadsheet is part of the step. 

The goal is:  Remove that row, once the document has been extracted and sent via email. 

It is working as expected so far, I just can't seem to delete Row 2 at the end of my flow.  The document contains 8 columns, and the data within those columns will not be the same, other than the titles.

I took a look at the Delete a Row flow, however it's demanding the key value to delete, and that's where I'm not sure.  I would need to remove any content in that cell.

Any feedback is great appreciated.

Thank you, and have a great day.

2 REPLIES 2
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

The Key Value / Key Column are looking for the unique data of that row, it will still delete the entire row for you. 

Is there a unique value you're holding (Title, Employee, Employee #, a generated ID?) that is unique to that row? It won't use the row # because that is not a constant.

I don't have a unique value in the row's that need to be deleted.  I suppose adding a new column and putting a unique value in each wouldn't work, since it would just delete all the rows right away.  I'll continue thinking about a way around it. Thank you for the feedback !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,715)