cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdkat

Attempting to use forms to dyamically generate an Outlook email poll or vote.

Is there a way to use flow to trigger an Outlook email poll / vote? I have a form that will be used to submit "new ideas". Each time the form is submitted I would like to pull the date from the form, write it to an email (this part I have) and then embed a poll in the body of a message that would be sent to a leadership team that would vote on the submission.  I realize this would effectively generate another form to track the results of the vote but I'm ok with that. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mdkat ,

Would you please share an example of the vote? Does the leadership would make response to the email will support for vote?

I suggest that you could create a flow for each time when a new form ideas is created, create an item in a sharepoint list, and send the email with the item link, the list should have a number column, the leadership would reply to the email with the id of item in the email subject,such as "Response to ideas-id" The response "Support" or "Oppose" in the email body.

Then you could create another flow to trigger when a new email arrives and the subject contains string Response to ideas, then get the special item from the list with the id, check the body in the email, if it is Support, add 1 to the number column in this item.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mdkat ,

Would you please share an example of the vote? Does the leadership would make response to the email will support for vote?

I suggest that you could create a flow for each time when a new form ideas is created, create an item in a sharepoint list, and send the email with the item link, the list should have a number column, the leadership would reply to the email with the id of item in the email subject,such as "Response to ideas-id" The response "Support" or "Oppose" in the email body.

Then you could create another flow to trigger when a new email arrives and the subject contains string Response to ideas, then get the special item from the list with the id, check the body in the email, if it is Support, add 1 to the number column in this item.

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

mdkat

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the reply. I'm attaching a screenshot of the Outlook forms poll I had in mind. This would be ideal because it's very clean and simple from the end-user perspective.

Your idea could potentially work, I played around with posting to a list but didn't think to try your suggested approach. Have you successfully used this? If so, I'd really appreciate a screen shot of the flow (or whatever you can provide). In the meantime I'll try playing around with it to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks again!

Mike

poll.png

Hi @mdkat ,

I haven't create a flow on it however you could take a try, it may work.

Best regards,

Alice   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (21,538)