cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Auto Approving Calendar Events

I have create an automated flow to automatically accept Office365 calendar events based on some conditions. 
The process seems to be working (i.e. when I check the runs, it shows that meetings have been accepted.  But it does not get reflected in my Office365 outlook inbox. I can see mails related to the meeting requests, and they are still unread. When I click them I get that No Response Required (since I have already accepted).

Is there a way to mark the mail items as read. The triggering event of the flow is "When an event is added". Am I using the wrong trigger event?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chmulk ,

I have made a test on my side and I could reproduce the same situation.

Although the event has been accepted by Flow automatically, the email as unread.

I am afraid that we only could accept event but we could not mark the event notification as read.

Basically, we could use Mark as read or unread (V3) action to mark the message as read. However, we could not get the message id from the event.

I am afraid that we could achieve this requirement by using the existing features.

Besides, there is an article mentioned that we could move the accepted meeting to another folder, maybe we could also set the rule to mark these messages as read.

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/not-auto-move-meeting-responses-specific-folder-keep-inbox-clean/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chmulk ,

I have made a test on my side and I could reproduce the same situation.

Although the event has been accepted by Flow automatically, the email as unread.

I am afraid that we only could accept event but we could not mark the event notification as read.

Basically, we could use Mark as read or unread (V3) action to mark the message as read. However, we could not get the message id from the event.

I am afraid that we could achieve this requirement by using the existing features.

Besides, there is an article mentioned that we could move the accepted meeting to another folder, maybe we could also set the rule to mark these messages as read.

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/not-auto-move-meeting-responses-specific-folder-keep-inbox-clean/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,803)