cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelloHello
Level: Powered On

Auto Generate Number & Report

Hi, my workflow is:

Document received -> Input data in forms -> Create in S/P -> Send document to recipient & Email to recipient for their acknowledgment upon receipt of document -> The next day at 8am to send the day before report of email not yet acknowledged for us to follow up.

1) I want to create case number base on date and numbering. Eg for 1st document, it will be 07082019-001, then 2nd document 07082019-002. For next day it will be 08082019-001, 002.

2) I need help with this part: "The next day at 8am to send the day before report of email not yet acknowledged for us to follow up." Will recurrence work? But how do I collect the data from S/P for only the ones that are not acknowledged?

5.PNG6.PNG7.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Auto Generate Number & Report

Hi @HelloHello ,

I recommend that you use the following method.

First, explain the Status field, if its type is not Choice now, then your configuration is correct, please ignore my previous reply.

The following method does not require expression, only you need to select Dynamic content, and configure the Value in the format shown.

Image reference:

80.PNG81.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @HelloHello 

To add a number to each response from Forms, you can add the ID of the response (it is an integer number that is returned along with the response and you can find it in the response details)

Another way of doing that would be create a column on SharePoint where you can record the numebr of the response. For example, let's assume there was one response that came in at 9AM and this is response number 1. so you can create a column in sharepoint for this number and (default it as zero) then in flow initialise a variable and get the value of the last item and increment that variable. This will be a long process though. 

For the second part of your question, you can simply do a get items and add a filter query to only get items that have teh Not Acknowledged field value. and then to these items you can add numbers and send as emails. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

HelloHello

Hi @yashag2255 

Thanks for replying but I think you misunderstood my query.

1) My case number is base on date and numbering. Eg for 1st document, it will be 07082019-001, then 2nd document 07082019-002. For next day it will be 08082019-001, 002. It is not auto increment numbering. The number gets reset to 001 the next day when a new entry is created. Please advise again.

2) It will be easier if you could show me flow images for easier understanding

Thank you once again!

HelloHello

@yashag2255 

May I know which part is wrong as the flow is not running.

1.PNG2.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @HelloHello ,

Since the Status: field is a choice column, it is not possible to filter items in Filter Query via using this field.

You could try the following method to configure Flow and use Status: value to filter items.

Image reference:

70.PNG

Details of Apply to each:

71.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
HelloHello

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @HelloHello ,

Our methods are fine, but points to note:

• If the type of Status is Choice, you need to use Status Value in the Filter array.
  • Expression is required in Select.
  • It is recommended to use HTML table.

77.PNG

Best Regards,

HelloHello

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @HelloHello ,

I just exemplified that in Select, you need to get the column value through Expression, instead of directly populating item()[‘Owner’] directly in Value.

But I am not sure which fields are in your list. Please configure expression according to the field name displayed in Select-From.

78.PNG

In addition, if the type of the Status field is string, it can be used directly.

Best Regards,

HelloHello

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @HelloHello ,

I recommend that you use the following method.

First, explain the Status field, if its type is not Choice now, then your configuration is correct, please ignore my previous reply.

The following method does not require expression, only you need to select Dynamic content, and configure the Value in the format shown.

Image reference:

80.PNG81.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

HelloHello

@v-bacao-msft 

It's working perfectly now! Thank you so much!!

HelloHello

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 199 members 6,282 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: