cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrackBC

Auto Permission File when created or modified- Gives "Created by" and "people column" read-access; removes "visitor group".

I need to ensure that when a user creates or modifies a document, that a workflow auto-permissions that file.  The permissions should give the "Created by" read-access; give those listed in a "people column" read-access; and remove access to the Visitor Permission Group.  In the past, prior to 2010 workflows being deprecated, I could use the "Replace" action easily.  Interop will not work as I can't publish a new 2010 WF.  My Power Automate attempts have all failed - but I know this is the way! Please help. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@TrackBC  yes it is possible to assign permissions to file when it is created/modified, you can refer to this blog on how to configure unique permissions in SharePoint item/file using REST API in Power Automate.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you for your response. Can you please provide the link?

@TrackBC  sorry i didnt realized that i hadnt put a link, heres the link to blog https://www.annajhaveri.com/power-automate/set-unique-permissions-for-item-in-sharepoint-using-power...

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,467)