cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrackBC

Auto Permission File when created or modified- Gives "Created by" and "people column" read-access; removes "visitor group".

I need to ensure that when a user creates or modifies a document, that a workflow auto-permissions that file.  The permissions should give the "Created by" read-access; give those listed in a "people column" read-access; and remove access to the Visitor Permission Group.  In the past, prior to 2010 workflows being deprecated, I could use the "Replace" action easily.  Interop will not work as I can't publish a new 2010 WF.  My Power Automate attempts have all failed - but I know this is the way! Please help. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@TrackBC  yes it is possible to assign permissions to file when it is created/modified, you can refer to this blog on how to configure unique permissions in SharePoint item/file using REST API in Power Automate.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you for your response. Can you please provide the link?

annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@TrackBC  sorry i didnt realized that i hadnt put a link, heres the link to blog https://www.annajhaveri.com/power-automate/set-unique-permissions-for-item-in-sharepoint-using-power...

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,538)