cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESpigle
Level: Powered On

Auto Response Once In Given Time Period

I previously was working to get a flow setup for one of our shared mailboxes that would send an auto response to anyone who mailed it basically outside of business hours and on weekends. Currently the flow is functioning as I had originally intended and the condition I setup that's working is from my post HERE dated 12-05-2017 01:41 PM.

It was finally requested that we start using this flow and we put it into place about a week ago for the users who watch this shared mailbox. It was working fine at first until somehow someone mistakenly included the shared mailbox in question with a response, which caused it to send an email to itself, and this was after hours. It got stuck in an endless loop responding to itself and wouldn't stop until I disabled the flow, which I had to do over the weekend. This got me thinking about how to solve an issue like this or to make it act more like a normal out of office response. One option that I can do is add a condition looking for a particular email address (such as its own) and making it terminate if it finds its own email, but I'm not sure if this is the route I want to take.

The other otion is to try and make it act more like a normal out of office response, which only sends one auto response during the time it's turned on, and doesn't send any further ones to the same address until it's disabled / re-enabled. Now, I know we can't just go and do this as we leave this rule on at all times, it just fails the condition to proceed if it's during normal business hours.

What I'm interested in knowing is if it's possible to setup some sort of condition to send an auto response to a given address only once every, say... 12 or 24 hours. Is there a way to check if an email has previously been sent to a given send within a given time frame and then fail the condition if it finds it true? If not, I may just have to resort to not sending an auto response if they for some reason send an email to self from said mailbox (and I have no idea how they did this), though I don't see how this would avoid other potential auto response hell if someone else has some sort of auto responder set on a mailbox and it just keeps firing back and forth forever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Auto Response Once In Given Time Period

Hi @ESpigle,

Do you want to send an auto response to each of these emails are sent to the shared mailboxes every 12 or 24 hours?

If you want to send an auto response to each of these emails are sent to the shared mailboxes every 12 or 24 hours, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

In addition, getting emails of a shared mailboxes is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently, so I afraid that there is no way to check if an email from the shared mailboxes has previously been sent to a given send within a given time frame in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Auto Response Once In Given Time Period

Hi @ESpigle,

Do you want to send an auto response to each of these emails are sent to the shared mailboxes every 12 or 24 hours?

If you want to send an auto response to each of these emails are sent to the shared mailboxes every 12 or 24 hours, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

In addition, getting emails of a shared mailboxes is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently, so I afraid that there is no way to check if an email from the shared mailboxes has previously been sent to a given send within a given time frame in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 4,864 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: