cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max351

Auto add users to a Teams meeting invitation

Hello all,

Previously I created a flow which automatically sends an .ics file to people who registered (through Forms) to a Teams event so they can add it to their calendar and I don't have to manually do it. But this solution is not ideal since I noticed quite a lot of people never click the ics file and so the event is not added to their calendar.

Is there any way a flow can simply add people in a Teams invitation? I don't know how organizations manage their Teams event registration process but it seems to me quite a basic thing. I have searched on the internet and haven't found the solution so far.

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @max351,

Currently, there is no direct action that could update the MS Teams meeting.

Are you familiar with using Microsoft Graph?

If you are, there is API about update event:

Update event - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs

PATCH /users/{id | userPrincipalName}/calendargroup/calendars/{id}/events/{id}

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

max351

Hi and thank you for your reply.

I'm not familiar with Graph and maybe it's a bit complicated.

How do organizations manage event registrations?

NBE

Here is a working (not ideal) solution

-1: Use a form to receive user applicaiton to meeting and get their login/email

-2: Use power automate to get the user name, eventualy use a condition if you have multiple choices of time schedules

-3: Use the Outlook 'send invitation' module in powerautomate to send the Outlook invitation with the Teams invitation link in the mail body

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,943)