cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spowell
Level: Powered On

Auto adding of Forms to Excel

Hi there. I'm a teacher and beginner to 365, especially Flow. I'm trying to use Flow to automate the collection of Team Assignment results into an Excel sheet to record scores, develop pupil feedback systems and resultingly improve and facilitate learning.

I'm trying to get Assignments (made in Forms) to, when submitted (called a response I believe), automatically add the result to a column in and Excel Sheet. The pupils are listed vertically on the left, with assignment IDs listed horizontally across the top. How do I make it so the name of the pupil submitting the response gets automatically compared to the pupils list, and then puts the score in the relevent cell. I'm OK with Excel so once the score is in there I can do what I need with it.

My best attempt so far is attached.

Thank you all kindly!

P.S. Is there a way to add the content (results) without having to create a table within the sheet?Screenshot 2019-09-29 at 20.44.47.png

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Auto adding of Forms to Excel

Hi @spowell ,

If you want to use MS Flow to manipulate the data in the Excel file, the premise is that the Excel table has been defined in it.

According to your description, you need to create a column with a unique value in the Excel table to update the record. Use this field as the key column when configuring Update a row.

In addition, you need to use Get response details action to get the details of the response submitted by the user.

Image reference:

48.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
spowell

Thank you Barry.

I've acheived most of this and good some positive results. One further thing is that in the boxes where you selected what goes in what column (see attached), I cannot seem to feed in the Total Score, only the submitted time and the answers to individual questions.

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @spowell ,

Since the type of column does not match the type of Dynamic content you want to reference, you cannot select it.

Please use Compose to store Dynamic content first, then use the output of Compose to configure the specified fields.

Like:

56.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
spowell

Hi Barry.

Apologies, but I don't follow this explaination. This doesn't collect the 'Total Points' result from the Quiz, it just left a blank cell, which I expected as it doesn't seem to seperate the Total Points. I've read online that many people have had difficulty in collecting this single data from Forms via Flow. Has a solution been found to this issue? I hope so as this step is crucial to what I'm trying to acheive and undermines much of the reason for using Office365 altogether!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,097)