cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto-assigning Planner tasks off Excel data

Hey all,

My team has two separate flows feeding into each other - the first one funnels request form responses into an excel table & sharepoint list, and the second one checks the excel sheet every minute to see if there's been new responses; if so, and if the requested date is within a certain time-frame from now, it auto-creates a planner task with the information in that table's row.

We self-assign the tasks once they populate into planner, but are looking to add a column to the table that would auto-assign based on the information therein. For example:

1.) We want this task to be assigned to John Smith, so we put "JS" into the column and it auto-assigns once it populates in planner.

or,

2.) Both John Smith and Mary Brown are going to work on this task, so we put "JS/MB" into the column and it auto-assigns to both.

I can think of solutions that are granular -- i.e. conditionals like "If (value Owner/Assigned) contains (variable Initials), Create a task w/ Assigned User Id", but that would require a different "Create a task" step for each individual.

Any ideas on how to move forward with this? I appreciate any and all input, thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi

You need an array with User IDs from all the people to be assigned for each task!

Once you get it you will need to invoke Add asignees to a task once

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,525)