Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto generate network folders

Hi guys,

I am creating a solution using PowerApps and SharePoint as the data source. I have been asked if it is possible to autogenerate folders on the network using the data from SharePoint.

This is currently done using a macro in an excel spreadsheet, it uses a template folder structure and creates 7 new folders with the case ID.

I have looked at the file system connector but it doesnt seem to have what i need.

Can anybody share any way to do this? Or is it not possible?

Thanks

Donna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could refer to screenshot below:

1.png

You could choose the case number from the special item in the list when create the path.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @Anonymous when you says data on network you mean a sharepoint library?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply. No, sorry, i mean i want to auto generate these folders on a file server on prem, using the data in SharePoint to trigger this. So for example, if we have accepted a case, when the user saves the form as "Case Accepted" it would initiate a flow to copy a folder structure on the file server? This is the hope!

Thanks

Donna

Highlighted

yes @Anonymous  you can create folders in fileServer using this conector. See that file name is a dynamic name, and the same you can do with the folder.

some.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Christian,

Would you happen to have a full example you could share with the creation of multiple folders? I have tried like your suggestions but it does not create a folder, only a file.

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you have a folder name 2 in your file system, you could create an array of folder Name, and then you could create all the folder in the folder 2 with the "Create file" action as screenshot below:

1.png

If you don't want to create the file, you could delete the file with Delete file action after the Create file action.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Alice,

Would you mind sharing the variable? I'm not sure what to do in the steps before the create file so i dont know how to create the  FolderNameArray?

Thanks

Donna

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous ,

It depend on your requirement?

How would you like to create the folder?

Best Regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alice,

Ideally i want to create 1 folder with 7 sub folders like the below screenshot.

The first folder will be named CDXXXX (the XXXX is to be replaced with the case number column from SharePoint), and then it will have the folders named;

CT Data

Device Schemes

Forms

IFU and Lebelling

Manufacturing Drawings

Prototype Testing

Risk Management

I did manage to get a little part of it working by using the 2nd screenshot but unsure how to do subfolders so i appreciate any help!

Thank you!

Folder Structure.PNGFolderName.PNG

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could refer to screenshot below:

1.png

You could choose the case number from the special item in the list when create the path.

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,166)