cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamie206

Auto populate attachments into sharepoint list from sharepoint document library

Hello,

I have a Sharepoint list with a row for each client of mine. I have a flow that automatically saves all email attachments to a Sharepoint document library. I would like to automatically put items from the document library into the attachment column in my Sharepoint list. For example, an email from a client with an attachment will be added to the client's row in my sharepoint list and/or if the attachment file contains "client name" then it is automatically added.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jamie206 ,

I assume in you original flow, you have a When a new email arrives trigger. 

vjefferni_0-1652068744311.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jamie206 ,

I assume in you original flow, you have a When a new email arrives trigger. 

vjefferni_0-1652068744311.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

RustieD

Hi Jeffer Ni,

I'm trying to do what is suggested as the solution but it fails. mine is slightly different. i want to attach files in my sharepoint library to the correct row in my client list. for example: a file from a client which was uploaded through onedrive and moved sharepoijt folder is to be added to the client's row in my sharepoint list by referencing if the file name contains "first name". "first name" is a column in my sharepoint list, containing the first names of my clients. so far i use the get items action with filter expression: contains(body('Get_items')?['value'], 'First Name'). but i get an error Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The 'inputs' property of template action 'Get_items' at line '1' and column '2221' is not valid. The action cannot reference itself.'.'.
was wondering if you can help me out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,607)