cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomb2
Frequent Visitor

Auto populate excel template

Hi I am brand new to automate and am trying to create flow to reduce manual data inputting. 

I have a team of engineers that will be completing a ms form once completing a job. 
The responses I get from the form need to auto populate into an excel template creating a new workbook for every form submission.  Each question on the form needs to appear in a designated cell. 

Example;

1. Engineer A completes ms form and submits it. 
2. A new workbook is automatically created from a template.
3. The response data is automatically populated into specific cells. 

When another engineer submits a form a new work book needs to be created again……

Can anyone guide me to the best methods for this please. Hope this makes sense 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tomb2 ,

Here is a blog for your scenario, just need to use When a new response is submitted trigger:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Create-Excel-Workbook-in-SharePoin...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MattFinlay
Regular Visitor

Hi,

FYI I'm also new to PA and am basically trying to do the same thing - open Excel template file, populate, and save to new. I've put some details of what I've tried in my post here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Unable-to-open-excel-template-file-and-save-as-ne...

thanks

Matt

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tomb2 ,

Here is a blog for your scenario, just need to use When a new response is submitted trigger:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Create-Excel-Workbook-in-SharePoin...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,158)