cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victor_lion
Helper I
Helper I

AutoFill with Office Scripts

Hello people! I'm trying to autofill columns, but getting an error, that the range is incorrect, but it is exactly the same I get when I'm using the record function with Office Scripts, maybe you could help me to figure out what is happening. My code is:

function main(workbook: ExcelScript.Workbook, formulaRange: string, rangeToFill: string)
{
  let selectedSheet = workbook.getActiveWorksheet();
  // Auto fill range
  selectedSheet.getRange(formulaRange)
    .autoFill(rangeToFill, ExcelScript.AutoFillType.fillDefault);
}

Also, I'm using the compose connector with string() to enter the range and to make sure that it is a string type. 

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @victor_lion,

If I understand the autofill method correctly the rangeToFill also needs to included the cells from your formulaRange string. What values for the rangeToFill and formulaRange were you using in your test?

autofill_function.png

In other words, if formulaRange is A1:C1, then rangeToFill can't be A2:C7. I think rangeToFill then needs to be A1:C7, including the original cells, if that makes sense?

victor_lion
Helper I
Helper I

I also tried that and it won't work, but if I use a script with setFormulaLocal it works just fine, but I wonder why this version won't work at all...

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @victor_lion,

Just to double check, can you share a couple of screenshots of your flow setup.

This way I can try and reproduce it by exactly recreating your flow setup.

victor_lion
Helper I
Helper I

victor_lion_0-1617989036296.png

This is the flow, and the excel is as follows:

victor_lion_1-1617989089890.png

Colunas autoFill has the columns that I'm looping the actions

formulaRange:

@{outputs('Colunas_autoFill')[variables('cont')]}@{sub(variables('lengthRazaoGeral'), 20)}:@{outputs('Colunas_autoFill')[variables('cont')]}@{variables('lengthRazaoGeral')}

rangeAutoFill:

@{outputs('Colunas_autoFill')[variables('cont')]}@{add(1, variables('lengthRazaoGeral'))}:@{outputs('Colunas_autoFill')[variables('cont')]}@{add(variables('lengthRazaoGeral'), variables('lenghtImport'))}

Thinks this might help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,186)