Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ML14
Frequent Visitor

Autofill word template from ms Forms

Hi,

I'm trying to do the following:

I have entire paragraphes that should fill in a word template document (Law documents)

I didn't know what to use as an input platform so I used ms Forms. 

I would like to input these paragraph and get a nice word document as an output. 

I am new to flow. Ive spent the last 8 hours on it without success..

Anyone any idea ?? 
Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3
danmitchell36
Resolver II
Resolver II

You should use the Microsoft Word connector. I actually wrote a blog post on this which should help you here: https://www.dmcinfo.com/latest-thinking/blog/id/9838/overview-of-microsoft-flows-new-word-online-con...

Take a look and let me know if you have any more questions.

If this helps and answers your question please mark this as the solution and give a thumbs up!

I understand everything after populate template, but as dumb as it sounds, where do you have you inputs?

I mean you created a template, and this template will be populated. But where do you put the data for the template to be filled ?

Thanks a lot

The data for the template comes from the prior steps. That can be from a "Get Item" action like in my example or from Forms like in yours. That is where you need to create the content controls in the word template and you use the dynamic content from prior steps to populate those controls.

If you follow the instructions in the blog post carefully it will work.

If this solves your problem please give kudos and mark as the solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (3,991)