cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Autogenerating a unique ID number

Hi all, 

I want to be able to create a unique ID number for any document added to my document library beginning at 1186 

I have built a new flow to automate a document approval process within by business however I can't find a way to auto generate an ID number at a starting point of my choosing (in this case 1186)

I thought initially about using the ID number automatically generated by the library itself + 1185 to generate my number but I can’t seem to find a formula that will work. 

Short of adding over 1000 documents to the library just to get the ID number to where I need it to be, I’m lost for solutions. 

Is there anything flow can do to automate this process?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NateLaw,

I have made a test on my side, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Th flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NateLaw,

I have made a test on my side, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Th flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Hi @v-yuazh-msft

This works perfectly, thank you so much

Hello @v-yuazh-msft ,

Your solution and screen shots were extremely helpful! I ran into an issue using th ID field though, I need it to count by 1. It needs to start at 6045 and then increase by one each submission (i.e, 6046, 6047, 6048). What can I repalce the ID with to make this happen?

Thanks!

You could initialize a variable at the beginning of your Flow and set the initial value to 6045, and then increment that by 1 each time you process a submission?

How would you do the incrementation? 

Is it possible to incrementation for a newly created Row in Excel?

Thanks in advance,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,482)