Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Automate Chrome Data Download

Hi Community,

I just came to know about automate from Microsoft. I am interested to download data from the following website .

Here I wish to download data for each state, for each district from 1-Jan-2010 til 31-Dec-2019 at 1 month interval. Here maximum allowed difference between 2 consecutive dates is 1 month.

I wish to download the data as excel files which I can then extract data from file using power query in excel.

Kindly guide me with the above for step-by-step tutorial and show me the power of Automate.
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @sagar_kansal 

Is there an API that you can connect to for the mentioned site and get the data? If so, you can use an HTTP action to invoke the api and get the data 

Else, you might want to create a UI Flow and record steps to download the data and then perform the consecutive actions. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I don't know about API. Kindly have a look at the link I provided earlier and guide me to do the required steps.

Regards

Highlighted

Hi @sagar_kansal 

If there is no API, then you can use UI Flows of type web for this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi @yashag2255

I don't know how to use power automate for web.

Kindly take my example case and show step wise if possible.

Regards
Highlighted

Hi @sagar_kansal 

You can follow the tutorial here to get started on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJLoypP78Ak

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

Hi  @yashag2255 

Thanks for the video link.

I followed the video. My query is different. Here is the Screenshot of the Web page

Mfms Wholesaler sales Landing page.jpg

I wish to do the following:

1. Open the website: https://reports.dbtfert.nic.in/mfmsReports/GenCompanySaleDashboardListing
  2. Select State Name: Punjab
  3. Select District Name: Amritsar
  4. Select From Date: 1-Jan-2010
  5. Select To Date: 31-Jan-2010 (Maximum allowed difference between 2 dates is 1 Month)
  6. In option

Select “View” View as opiton MFMS.JPG

7. Upload the data shown (from all the pages of the viewed data shown) from Webpage to a google drive file.
  8. Or Download the data as excel and Automate to copy the data from downloaded file to google drive file.
  9. Repeat Steps 2&3
  10. Change From Date: 1-Feb-2010 (First day of next month)
  11. Change To Date: 28-Feb-2020 (Last date of next month)
  12. Repeat steps 6&7 and paste the new data below the previous pasted data.

Note:

1. The District Sequence must continue till the last district of the particular state. e.g. Tarn Taran for Punjab State

2. The dates sequence has to continue till 31-Dec-2019

Please guide how this can be done.

P.S.  @Jon Levesque. Pls guide in too.

Highlighted

Hi @sagar_kansal 

That is a very specific usecase that you are trying to build. You might want to refer more videos and material available to set up screen recording and then data scraping on the website for this one. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted

@efialttes@abm

Pls guide
Highlighted

@sagar_kansal 

As @yashag2255 suggested, you should try UI Flows. The material he shared is a really good starting point

THanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

I have a similar case: Go to a webportal, login, navigate to document section, downlad and save a file on a network share.

With UI Flow I can record the interactions in the web (with the Selenium IDE), but it does not record the saving of the document. ANy ideas how to solve that?

Thank you,

Jerome

Highlighted

Hi,

Run the recorded flow again and press the Save button twice. Sometimes, Flow doesn't register it once.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,571)