cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate/Flow to take email attacments and if contrain .Zip file extract to SharePoint Folder

I have a Flow running which successful takes emails that arrive to a shared mailbox and if they have attachments, it saves them to a SharePoint folder destination. I get quite a few zip files as email attachments and instead of saving the zip file to the SharePoint folder, I would like to be able to extract its contents and save that to the same SharePoint Folder destination instead. 

Below is the condition I have added but it has a requirement for a source file path, which I assume varies due to the email attachment. 

Capture.JPG

Any help or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pringle ,

You couldn't extract the .zip file from the email attachment.

Please take a try to save the .zip file in the sharepoint folder and then extract it with Microsoft flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Alice,

Thank you for your advise which I have tried and built into my flow and works. The challenge I now face is when a .zip folder is extracted, it extracts to another folder. I have tried re-running the Extract Folder action to get the folder contents (documents)  to extract to the desired folder location, but as it is no longer an attachment or a .zip file - I am unable to use the "attachment name" dynamic content in my source file path (See Below)

Flow 1.JPG

Flow 2.JPG

Any further advise you can provide on how I can re-extract the new created folder to the desired end folder location would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pringle ,

You couldn't extract the .zip file from the email attachment.

Please take a try to save the .zip file in the sharepoint folder and then extract it with Microsoft flow.

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi Alice,

Thank you for your advise which I have tried and built into my flow and works. The challenge I now face is when a .zip folder is extracted, it extracts to another folder. I have tried re-running the Extract Folder action to get the folder contents (documents)  to extract to the desired folder location, but as it is no longer an attachment or a .zip file - I am unable to use the "attachment name" dynamic content in my source file path (See Below)

Flow 1.JPG

Flow 2.JPG

Any further advise you can provide on how I can re-extract the new created folder to the desired end folder location would be greatly appreciated

Highlighted

Hi @Pringle ,

If you have any other question you could create a new post so it could be answered quickly.

Best regards,

Alice       

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,018)