cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automate Screenshot Process

Hi, 

is there a way to automatically screenshot a file and then save the screenshot to a certain folder?

I would like to save a PowerPoint file (only one slide!) to my OneDrive and then automatically create a screenshot of the whole slide. If taking a screenshot doesnt work, is it maybe possible to export the slide as an image?!

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Automate Screenshot Process

Hi @ts101 

Not sure this can be achieved via Flow. Also the challenge is what's going to be your trigger for the flow (Manual?). 

PowerPoint can save file as image by select file > save as > choose the location (one drive) and filename.  

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Automate Screenshot Process

Hi @ts101 

For SharePoint you can use the rest api 

_layouts/15/getpreview.ashx?path=completefileurl&resolution=3

to get a snapshot of a file (I beleive it picks up the first image) - check the documentation for this api

for OneDrive graph api does have endpoints to get the thumbnails

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/api/driveitem_list_thumbnails?view=odsp...

Also, you could use the new UI flow (preview) to access onedrive and accordingly take snapshot of file

UI flow Vlog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBT_-T9WXWE&list=PLTyFh-qDKAiGh4gKhQN1Bu9qHsWVlbdVd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,753)