cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Killua0322
Level: Powered On

Automate an Email when Sharepoint List is Updated

Hi All,

I have a list in sharepoint that is automatically updated using Microsoft Flow every 5 mins. 

Microsoft Flow:

Microsft Flow.jpg

Sharepoint List

Microsft Flow List.jpg

What i want to do is:

1. Whenever I update the "Accepted Offer" in the list to Yes, then an email should be sent out.

2. No Duplication - means if I put Yes on the first row (Accepted Offer) , then after 5 mins, I update Yes on the second rom (Accepted Offer), only the 2nd row will send an email. 

Appreciate your support on this.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Automate an Email when Sharepoint List is Updated

Hi @Killua0322,

Do you want to configure it in the Flow you currently provide, and then implement your needs?

Could you share the role of an Excel file?

It seems that this is very difficult to achieve. First of all, we could ignore the role of the Excel file. It is determined that Flow is currently unable to monitor which column has changed its value.

If you want to configure Condition under your existing Flow-Update item to determine whether the value of Accept Offer is Yes, then configure Send an email action, it seems feasible, but there is no suitable method to avoid sending emails repeatedly.

Because Get items will get all the rows, Flow runs every five minutes, and the traversed items may still send another email (the last 5 minutes may have already sent the email).

If possible, I recommend using For a select item to manually trigger Flow, so you only need to determine if the value of Accept Offer is Yes.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Killua0322
Level: Powered On

Re: Automate an Email when Sharepoint List is Updated

Hi Barry,

First, thank you very much for your response. Smiley Happy

Actually, we have the same thing in mind. Since there is no way the system can compare whethere the data is new or modified due to the recurrence every 5 minute, hence everything is treated new. 

Reason why I do excel is because I want it to the be front end. You see, there are multiple users that are going to edit the list and as much as possible, I want to avoid giving them access to sharepoint interface. 

Currently, our PowerApps is disable. 

Would you give any alternative way on how multiple user can update the list in Sharepoint without going to Sharepoint?

Thanks

Jeff

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,135)