cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emuja
Frequent Visitor

Automate auto tag of new Yammer post with Flow

Hi all

I have a case, where I want to add a topic to each new message in a specific Yammer group. As it is not possible even using the Yammer API to edit messages, the only way to achive adding a topic to a message is posting a comment to that specific message. This part of my flow works perfectly fine, that is,

• When there is a new message
  • Service user triggers flow, and post a reply to the message with a topic
  • Delte the reply, so only the topic is left back

In this way I achieve what I want.

Now, using the Flow action "When there is a new message in a group", apperently applys to each message/post and comment. So if someone comments on a message, the flow is also triggered. This, I dont want to. It only must be triggered when there is a brand new message and not a reply/comment to a message. My flow looks like this:

When there is a new message in a group -> Post message (reply to the initial message) -> Call Yammer API using HTTP action and delete the reply.

2018-11-12_13h56_15.png

Is it in any way possible to create the flow, so it is only triggerende on new messages/posts and not comments. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emuja,

Thanks for feedback.

It seems that Flow is currently not possible to distinguish between a new post or a reply/comment on yammer.

If you need this feature, please vote the following idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Distinguish-between-New-amp-Replies-on-Yammer/idi-p/5...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emuja,

Thanks for feedback.

It seems that Flow is currently not possible to distinguish between a new post or a reply/comment on yammer.

If you need this feature, please vote the following idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Distinguish-between-New-amp-Replies-on-Yammer/idi-p/5...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks @v-yamao-msft 

That workaround worked for me :).

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (62,563)