cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate new plan and tasks based of variables

Hello,

My goal is to create a plan with 23 new tasks based on 2 variables; name and date.

• Is it not possible to create a new plan dynamically?
  • For each task how can I create them if the plan is going to change each time? Currently, I can select a group_id, but I want to avoid having to do that 22 more times.
  • I am trying to create a variable to enter a future date, how could I modify this? formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM/dd hh:mm tt').  I want to type in a value, like '2020-02-15'
  • For each task how can I create a due date based on the excel function WORKDAY? I will be using the final date variable to subtract by workdays to calculate the due date.

I've been able to create new tasks using the existing flow below as my start.  I haven't been able to pass the name or date variables into the create tasks.

Image 4.png

Cheers,

-Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joesparty_ro ,

For your first question , you could create a new plan dynamically.

For your second question, if you want to avoid having to add the "Create a new plan" 22 more times, you could consider modify the flow and then run the flow 22 times, or you could create an array for the task.

For your third question, the expression should as below:

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

For your forth question, could you please explain more details about the requirement?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joesparty_ro ,

For your first question , you could create a new plan dynamically.

For your second question, if you want to avoid having to add the "Create a new plan" 22 more times, you could consider modify the flow and then run the flow 22 times, or you could create an array for the task.

For your third question, the expression should as below:

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

For your forth question, could you please explain more details about the requirement?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (93,786)