cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automate saving a PDF version of a vsdx file in a SharePoint Doc Library

I have an issue that only one-third of my team have Visio installed. The other 2/3 still need visibility of the process maps we are documenting. To get sign off from process owners, we have to email them a PDF version. Saving a PDF version along side the Visio version in SP also allows use to utilise approval workflow.

It is a real pain to have to manually save a PDF version of the vsdx file, each time we make changes. We are using a standard SharePoint Doc Libary as the repository.

If someone has a Sharepoint Flow template to automate this process, I would really appreciate getting a copy of it.

Cheers

BA-Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BA-Scott,

Currently there is no available action can be used to convert file to pdf in SharePoint library. I assume that you could try with the OneDrive for Business action “Convert file”.

About your scenario, please try to save the file into OneDrive for Business folder first, then convert file to PDF, and create the converted file to SharePoint library, then start an approval process.

It could be configured with the following trigger and actions: When a file is created in a folder>Convert file>Create file in SharePoint library>Start an approval.

Hope it could be your reference.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks v-yamao-msft

Our Visio files are stored on SharePoint and won't be re-located to OneDrive. I currently open the Visio file (from SharePoint) and export as a PDF and save it back into SharePoint. I was hoping to find a way to automate this when the Visio file is changed.

Thanks anyway for your thoughts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,008)