cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamlerloveskant
Frequent Visitor

Automated Recurring Email When Date Approaches Across Multiple SharePoint List Columns.

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to build a flow that send a notification to our Safety Manager when a training date within our 'training register' Share-point list is within 30 days of the renewal date. But I am currently unsuccessful.

My Flow is As Follows:

Tamlerloveskant_2-1621312884670.png

the value in Filter Query is 

addDays(utcNow(),30,'yyyy-MM-dd')

Tamlerloveskant_1-1621312839403.png

the Columns which i am trying to capture dates from are columns 4 to 23 with various names such as 'First Aid', 'Rigging' etc.

When i run my flows; it stops at the 2nd flow with the following error

The expression "2021-06-17" is not valid. Creating query failed.
clientRequestId: b2b53f8e-7c48-4a83-844f-283389c1b815
serviceRequestId: b2b53f8e-7c48-4a83-844f-283389c1b815

Any Assistance as to what type of query filtering i need to adjust would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards,

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
rrovira
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @Tamlerloveskant

That's indeed very strange... Could you try changing addDays(utcNow(),30,'yyyy-MM-dd') to addDays(utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd'),30,'yyyy-MM-dd'). It could be that the format of the date is giving an error, there's not harm in trying. 

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Hi @rrovira ,

Thankyou so much for jumping onto this question to lend a hand, I tried adding that specific format and am still returning the following error:

The expression "2021-06-17" is not valid. Creating query failed.
clientRequestId: ee92faad-0440-4da6-98c2-86d06899a9f2
serviceRequestId: ee92faad-0440-4da6-98c2-86d06899a9f2

I have no idea how to really troubleshoot this any further but could it be that some because i am not filtering my search, and am trying to search the entire list (which is not all date items) that it is returning this error?

I am also in Australia, could this be affecting my date settings perhaps?

If you have any more thoughts as to why that line is failing, i'd be very appreciative, thankyou.

Kind rehards,

James

rrovira
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @Tamlerloveskant!

I was looking at some posts and doing some research, and I found this Solved: Filter Query on GetItems based on a date value - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com). So, I believe you are right! I think you'd have to specify the column (as shown in this blog Power Automate filter on SharePoint Date and Time column (tomriha.com)). Let me know if that's what's causing the issue! 

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Tamlerloveskant
Frequent Visitor

Hi @rrovira ,

Still running through the different versions of this to make it work. I'll keep you updated but I think you are correct. I really appreciate your time on this one.

Kind regards,

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,535)