cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenbel71

Automated Workflow - when an items is created or modified

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to do a workflow (or workflows if more than one is needed) for changes that occur, in a list, for just a column. For example, when a status is changed I have a workflow with conditions to send specific emails when statuses are changed to something (I have four conditions). I then created another workflow for when just comments are added. What is happening is that when I change a status I get the correct status email but I also get the comments added email (when there were no comments added). So, how do I ensure that the right emails get sent when certain columns are updated? Do I need ONE workflow that will include and exclude or two workflows - one for each that will exclude the other? I tried to load up images but cannot figure out how to source them (source = my shared drive at work). It would be fabulous if we could attach something! 

Thanks, Jennifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jenbel71 ,

When a special column in an item is modified is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

I'm afraid that there is no any way in microsoft flow could achieve the requirement and you could only take a try to created a Yes/No type column "IfThe SpecialItemIsModified" for user to enter if they have modified the special column in an item.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jenbel71 ,

When a special column in an item is modified is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

I'm afraid that there is no any way in microsoft flow could achieve the requirement and you could only take a try to created a Yes/No type column "IfThe SpecialItemIsModified" for user to enter if they have modified the special column in an item.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,187)