cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samwu
Regular Visitor

Automated approval message not coming from the right approver

Hi Community,

I built an approval flow who the "approver" is someone else that is not me.

I have it setup that if the approver selects "approve" it will automatically send out an approval notification to the person who sent in the request, same for when the approver selects "reject"

However the issue is, the automated messages are coming from my outlook profile so to the requester who's receiving the notification it will look like it's coming from me not the actual approver? I also made the approver a co-owner of the flow same results. Do I have to make a new connection to the approver's outlook account? or share the flow with them so they can create a carbon copy of the flow?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @samwu ,

Send an email action connection that is created based on a personal account, so all sent emails are generated with your account.

If the approver is fixed and there is only one approver, you can consider using their account to create a connection.

In addition, you can consider using Send an email notification (V3) action to send the final result.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @samwu ,

Send an email action connection that is created based on a personal account, so all sent emails are generated with your account.

If the approver is fixed and there is only one approver, you can consider using their account to create a connection.

In addition, you can consider using Send an email notification (V3) action to send the final result.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response!

If I sent a copy of this flow over to the "approver" to add as their own flow, would this work? Or do I need to set up a connection using their account and password for it to work properly?

Hi @samwu ,

If the other user is also the owner of this Flow, the user can add his own connection in the approval action, and specify the approval action to use the connection they created. There is no account and password to create an Approval connection. The user who is currently logged in Flow can click "add connection " to create a connection.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/create-team-flows

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (918)