cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexanderWilson
Level: Powered On

Automatic List Numbering with Conditions

Hi all,

My query is regarding generating a list entry from a Form response, with a few conditions for what is filled within the fields.

To put it into words a form is to be filled with mandatory information, as shown below:

Form.png

When this form is completed, flow automatically fills in a list with the responses; however there are some conditions that are involved in this process.

The list has an additional column, named ‘ID Number’, as seen below:

Empty List.png

This identification number is used internally to identify incoming responses.

The conditioning is as follows:

When a new response is completed, the previous ID Number in the list is checked, and the new form item added is with an ID Number that is one value higher than the previous, I am unable to use the form response ID as this value due to the condition that will be detailed further on, in addition due the value will be starting at around 400, as there are already 400 paper copies of this response form, and the process needs to sequentially continue from this already existing value. In addition this ID Number will form part of the title.

The condition is that the column ‘Part Code’ is also to be checked, and if an existing value has already been entered into the list, then the given ID Number should match that of the existing entry.

If the following responses already exist:

Filled List.png

And a new response is completed with the following information:

Full Name: Jane Brown

Part Code: PRT006

Details: 2mm Long

Then an entry to the list will be added with the ID Number ‘406’, and this number will also be in the title.

However, if a new response is completed with the following information:

Full Name: Jane Brown

Part Code: PRT085

Details: 5mm Screw.

Then as the Part Code matches that of ID Number ‘402’, then this entry to the list should also be given the ID Number ‘402’, and the title would be something along the lines of ‘Response – 402 (2)’

Flow.png

Above shows how far I have gotten with the process, I can’t figure out how to get further than this though.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderWilson

Re: Automatic List Numbering with Conditions

After some playing around I have managed to figure out part of the conditioning side if the Part Code matches, I've attached my flow below:

IF Flow.png

However, additional files are being created in the list now, I think this is because it repeats the condition 3 more times, for the remaining existing items in the list.

IF Flow List.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexanderWilson

Re: Automatic List Numbering with Conditions

After some playing around I have managed to figure out part of the conditioning side if the Part Code matches, I've attached my flow below:

IF Flow.png

However, additional files are being created in the list now, I think this is because it repeats the condition 3 more times, for the remaining existing items in the list.

IF Flow List.PNG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,507)