cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DylJur
Level: Powered On

Automatic Replies based on Outlook Event containing "PTO"

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a Flow that automatically sets an Out of Office message based on a calendar event with "PTO" in the name. This way, I can set my PTO in my calendar, and not worry about setting my Out of Office message to the appropriate times.

I've almost got it set right, as can be seen in these images: Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 14.28.36.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-06 at 14.28.27.png

The only problem is that I haven't been able to figure out how to get the start and end time for the autoreply to be midnight of both of those days. Instead it seems to be giving me 4pm. How do i set this properly?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Automatic Replies based on Outlook Event containing "PTO"

Hi @ DylJur,

Do you want the action “set up automatic replies” run at the midnight of the day when the trigger “when an upcoming event is starting soon” is fired?

Or do you want the “Start Time” field and the “End Time” field of the action “set up automatic replies” would be the midnight of the event’s start and end time?

If you want the action “set up automatic replies” run at the midnight of the day when the trigger “when an upcoming event is starting soon” is fired, you could add a “Delay until” before the “set up automatic replies” action on your flow.

You could create a flow as screenshots below:

1.png2.png

The expression of the Delay until as below:

startOfDay(addDays(utcNow(),1))

When an upcoming event is starting soon, such as the trigger would run at “2018-03-07T11:00:00Z”  the flow would run successfully as below to delay the run of  “set up automatic replies” action until the midnight “2018-03-08T00:00:00Z” :

3.png

If you want the “Start Time” field and the “End Time” field of the action “set up automatic replies” would be the midnight of the event’s start and end time, you could create a flow as below:

4.png

The expression of the "Start time" as below:

startOfDay(addDays(triggerBody()?['Start'],1))

The expression of the "End time" as below:

startOfDay(addDays(triggerBody()?['End'],1))

When an upcoming event is starting soon, the flow would run successfully as below:

5.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

DylJur
Level: Powered On

Re: Automatic Replies based on Outlook Event containing "PTO"

Thanks for the help, @v-yuazh-msft

I've done that, and I would think that should work, but it still seems to be setting my time at 4PM. here's my setup, output, and result in my outlook settings.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 07.38.22.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-07 at 07.39.41.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-07 at 07.33.15.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 101 members 5,371 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: