cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlogan
Level: Powered On

Automatic Trigger - Dynamics 365 Activity Marked Complete

Hello,

I've run into an issue where Activities that are marked complete in Dynamics 365, are not recognized by Flow except for the first time I tested.  Instead of the Flow executing, the status of Skipped is displayed in the run history.  If a regular update to an Activity is performed, the Flow will run, but it will not run when the Activity is marked complete.

Any suggestions on what to do here would be greatly appreciated.

2019-07-10_9-23-30.jpg2019-07-10_9-25-03.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
rlogan

Re: Automatic Trigger - Dynamics 365 Activity Marked Complete

As an update to this issue.  The reason why CDS connectors did not trigger, and the Dynamics 365 connectors did, was due to the CRM being in administrative mode.  It looks like the Dynamics 365 connectors do not care if the CRM is in Adminsitrative mode, and will always trigger.  However, the CDS connectors abide by the Administrative mode settings, and not asynchronous processes are triggered.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@rlogan 

Hey there - Quick question for my own curiosity:  You chose the CDS route vs. "Get Record" from the D365 side... was there a specific benefit to that?  I am not familiar enough with CDS to know, so it would be helpful for me to understand the differences.

Thanks!

-Ed-

rlogan

Sure.  CDS is the recommend API connector going forward for connecting with D365.  This was revealed by the Product Manager of Flow at the MBAS event several weeks ago.   They do bring in more dynamic values from what I can tell.  I've used the CDS connectors elsewhere, and they work great.  I could not use the CDS connector as a trigger for this Flow for Activities, as they didn't trigger at all on creation or update of an Activity record.  That's a completely separate item I will have to look into.

Super User
Super User

Ah, got it.  Thanks for that.  Going to follow this one so I can learn even more.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
rlogan

As an update to this issue.  The reason why CDS connectors did not trigger, and the Dynamics 365 connectors did, was due to the CRM being in administrative mode.  It looks like the Dynamics 365 connectors do not care if the CRM is in Adminsitrative mode, and will always trigger.  However, the CDS connectors abide by the Administrative mode settings, and not asynchronous processes are triggered.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 205 members 3,917 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: