cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic attachment handling in Teams

Hi, I'm looking for ways to replace what's currently a shared-mailbox-based workflow with something based on Teams.

The problem is that the shared mailbox works essentially by receiving automated emails with files from a third party service. Shared mailbox usage is cumbersome and leads to problems, but I can't change the source. Users handle those emails today but the end result is that inboxes and disk space overflows and many copies end up existing.

What I was looking was for a way to be able to receive those same emails with attachments in teams, but have them automatically handle these so on one side the attachments are saved to a folder (default behaviour is dumping everything together) and on another creating a task or ticket, so one of the members can then pick it up and work with it. Essentially:

1.-Have each email create a new "task" (or ticket, envelope, etc.), that can be handled by one person so it doesn't show up as pending for others once it's picked up.

2.-Have the email attachments saved into a folders for the email (according to email subject and timestamp, for example) rather than be dumped in the "email attachments" folder, to ensure separation and handling. Essentially, I want these emails to create separate threads to help segregate them from other, too similar emails.

Bonus: If further emails with the same subject (or replies to it) are received, to be grouped with the original one. This is a long shot, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

There might be a non-obvious way to handle a pipeline of this type and I'm just unaware of it. I welcome suggestions.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,238)