cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Automatic email after FIRST change

Hello,

I'm trying to build a flow around a SharePoint list. Specifically, I have a value which a user will change from false to true, resulting in an automatic email. However, here's where it gets tricky. The user will most likely continue to be active over time with this list item, editing and saving other values contained within. I don't want any additional emails to be sent upon sequential saves, only the first time this value is changed to true. It the value is true when the user opens the list form, and is also true when the user submits, I do not want an email to be sent. 

Is there any possible way to do this?

An example (although not what I'm doing) would be when an item goes "active." If the item is marked as active, the owner should be notified. However, the item will most likely be edited again and again, and I would not like to have the owner notified multiple times, since they are already away that the item is not "active." 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Chance,

Per my test, I found that if we create a flow to send an email when an item is modified, every time an item is modified, the flow would be triggered, then an email would be sent.

I am afraid we are not able to send an email only one time when the flow will be triggered many times.

1.png

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,899)