cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurentFreyss

Automatic reminder on approval

Hello,

Last month, I build for my company a simple approval workflow on file update in multiple SP library. For this purpose, I use the build-in approval tasks of power automate. 

No problem to use it, and we manage to push my workflow in production before christmas. 

But since my return of vacation, we get each day on the same time an automatic reminder for my pending approbation. That means that like a received something like 100 approbations tasks during my vacation, each day I will get the exacte same 100 approbations tasks, resulting on thousand of mail during my vacation. We didn't notice that behavior in test and dev environment before during developpement but now it has the same behavior. And I looked at the flow history, no new running flow.  

I've got the same behavior also on a old flow using approval on an other tenant. I didn't get this before.

Is it a new feature ? Did I miss a settings to avoid that ? Is it related with new approval app in Teams ? 

Also I notice that when people use the panel property to change the file properties (like each properties is saved after his update), it will trigger my flow each time (Trigger: When a file is created or update) resulting on having multiple running flow (with multiple approbation tasks so) in 1 minutes for the same file, is it a way to avoid it ? (like delay the trigger ?)

Thanks for your help ! 

Laurent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @LaurentFreyss ,

This is an issue the Power Automate team is working on. Many have reported this issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @LaurentFreyss ,

This is an issue the Power Automate team is working on. Many have reported this issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,686)