cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JillH
Helper III
Helper III

Automatically refresh Excel file store in SharePoint

Hi all. I've searched and searched - no luck. I have an exported SharePoint list in Excel. I manually refresh this file each Monday (open, click refresh, wait, save, close). This file is then ingested into other reports (in a perfect world, I could like directly to SharePoint from the subsequent reports, but alas, here we are).

Is there a Flow to open, refresh, save & close a file located on SharePoint? I feel like it should be obvious but - I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks

Jill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JillH ,

Do you want to update the rows in the excel table with items from the sharepoint list?

If yes, you need to create table to the excel file:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-and-format-tables-e81aa349-b006-4f8a-9806-5af9df0ac6...

Then you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

The flow would run at every Monday, delete all the rows in the excel table, and add all the list items to excel table.

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JillH ,

Do you want to update the rows in the excel table with items from the sharepoint list?

If yes, you need to create table to the excel file:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-and-format-tables-e81aa349-b006-4f8a-9806-5af9df0ac6...

Then you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

The flow would run at every Monday, delete all the rows in the excel table, and add all the list items to excel table.

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you! Alas, this is the error I receive then I try to List Rows...

image.png

Hi @JillH ,

Have you refer my steps to format table to the file?

And have you choose the file path from the picker?

Best regards,

Alice   

Hi @JillH ,

Have your problem been solved now?

Best regards,

Alice   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,831)