cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Automatically saving an outlook email attachment to Sharepoint

Hello,

I'm new to Flow and have reviewed several tutorials online. However, I can't seem to figure out what seems to be an easy problem. It's regarding the logic requirements of saving an outlook attachment to SharePoint. In my Flow Creator is asks for the following pieces of logic. In fact, they are required. And they are:

Site Address

List Name

Id

File Name

File Content

I know what the Site Address and List Name are. And why they are required. The other required pieces of logic/information I'm not what they are and why they are needed.

Any insight is much appreciated. 

Thank you,
Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @3b ,

The error message told that the library doesn't exist in the library, please choose the site address from the drop down list and choose the folder path from the picker.

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Super User II
Super User II

hi @3b  please see that you have a template to do that.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/es-es/galleries/public/templates/62d27cbedd7242368ccd5d96fe71d313/save...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the timely response. That is the template I'm using. The logic it requires to run are the inputs I listed previously. I don't know how to fill them out because I don't know what it's looking for. 

-Jason

@3b  could you share us an screanshot?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Flow.png

Hi @3b ,

Do you want to add the email attachments as attachments of a existing item in your sharepoint list?

If yes, you need to know the id of the existing item and please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

2.png

Or you could get all the items in the sharepoint list and add a Condition to get the existing item and then you could know the id of the item as screenshot below:

3.png

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Interesting. 

Thanks, Alice. That does shed some light on the matter and point me in a better direction. Going to play around with it now. 

Much appreciated. 

Have a great day. 

-Jason

Still no luck. See error below. Can I go to the Microsoft Store and have someone walk me through this? Is that an option?

Flow error 3.18.png

Hi @3b ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please make sure the attachment of the email has data in it, the file couldn't be empty.

Best Regards,

Alice

Flow Error 1.jpgFlow Error 2.jpgFlow Error 3.jpg

Above you'll see the Flow and the error message I'm receiving. I ask the person that set up the SharePoint site if the Library is in fact a Library. They said it's a "view" which I'm not really sure what that means. 

Thank you for your help. 

Hi @3b ,

The error message told that the library doesn't exist in the library, please choose the site address from the drop down list and choose the folder path from the picker.

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

Thank you. That makes sense. However, the site and folder don't show up in the URL bar and picker. But that's a different problem all together. Now that I know it's not a logic problem let me try to get the URL to show up. 

Hi @3b ,

You could manually add the side address in the Site Address field.

https://wicren.sharepoint.com/sites/xxxxsite

And if the side address is correct, then you could choose the path from the picker.

Best regards,

Alice       

Hi Alice,

I was manually adding the URL. But your previous message made it seem like by doing so it was effecting the logic. 

-Jason

Hi @3b ,

If the site couldn't be found in the drop down list, we could add the address manually.

If your problem has been solved now, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (27,393)