cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias_S
Advocate I
Advocate I

Automatically set "out of office" when having a all day event in status "out of office"

Hello community,

is it possible to let Power Automate do the "out of office" settings and notifications?

I want Power Automate to check my calendar every day if there is an all day "Out of Office" event in my calendar. Then it should check the "end date" of the out of office event and use this information as text for the Out of Office notification and also the activation and deactivation of these notifications.

Text could be:

Dear sender,

currently I am out of office. I will return to office at "END DATE + 1".

Please feel free to return to me at this day.

5 REPLIES 5
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, that's possible, but you have to be qualified enough.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

As you seem to be one of the glory qualified, you should be able to support these thoughts 🙂

I think about:

if all day event and „out of office“

then check the length of the event. Depending on the title of the event, set the content of the message.

What‘s your input about it?

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Looks logical, but IMHO the hardest thing is how to toggle on/off OOF status in Outlook/OWA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have a look at this flow:  https://www.ivasoft.com/scheduledoofflow.shtml

Hi this is something that would be very interesting to me. I'm on parental leave at certain (irregular) dates in the coming year and did already set my outlook calendar to "out of office" for those days in advance. This I did to prevent people schedule meetings for those days. Would be good if an automatic ooo reply could be triggered for each day that I set ooo in my outlook calendar. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,941)