cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automating Emails and Notifications based on tracker

Hello,

I have a tracker of sorts with tasks as the line items (rows) and items like, owner, stakeholders and due dates incolumns.  Each task requires me first to send out an email containing an inputs form (excel file) 3 days before the due date.  I want to know how to automate this email to go out to the stakeholders, including the excel file attachment 3 days before the due date.  

I then would like a notification email to go to the owner of the task once the input form has been saved by the stakeholders to a specific folder in sharepoint.

Do anyone have any recommendations/resources to learn how to make this happen?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Automating Emails and Notifications based on tracker

Hello @blevine ,

I am not sure when you say tracker, what it is, but picking from a SharePoint datasource(say), which has a Task value and Expiry Date to it, we can create a Recurrence Flow(for daily schedule) and use either 'Get item' or get rows action(based on the connector/datasource) or for SharePoint, you can use 'Send an HTTP request to SharePoint' and fetch the list items which fall between the 3 days expiration, something like this-

_api/web/lists/getbytitle('SPO list name')/items?$select=Title,ExpiryDate&$filter=ExpiryDate lt datetime'@{addDays(utcNow(),3)}' and ExpiryDate gt datetime'@{utcNow()}' 

This fuction of (addDays(utcNow(),3) is for us to put a container between today and 3 days from now.  You can also use this fuction in a variable separately, and use 'Condition' to get the items, check and Send email with attachment. 

IMG1.png

I have used parse JSON to get the data and create HTML table so that the email has a column of Task name and Expiration, something like-

RaashiSen_0-1596643854986.png

Let me know if that works for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,900)