cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silaman
Helper I
Helper I

Automating Microsoft Forms accept responses option

Is there a way to automate the accept responses option in Microsoft Forms? i.e turn it off once a submission has been made, or a certain number of submissions?

silaman_2-1660545100513.png

We are testing Forms as a daily inspection checklist for a number of vehicles on site.

(The native Teams Inspection App is clunky and its actually broken/unreliable especially on mobile)

When someone does the form I already have automation grabbing the details instantly into dataverse which is fine.

I also have automation which deletes the responses in Microsoft Forms each night using a SharePoint http request, so that when the user does the check the following day, it doesn't say they already did it.

The last issue is that when one person does a check on a particular forklift, it will say to that individual that they have already submitted, however as Forms is intended for surveys or pooling it doesn't let others know it has already been done.

Can I do something like the SharePoint http request to change the form settings, to allow an instant flow to turn off Accept Responses once a submission has been made, with a reoccurring flow each night that turns it back on for the next day?

Then when someone else does the check I can use a Forms custom message that the Form has been completed for today 

The below shows what I use to flush out the responses for one particular vehicle, Barney the Forklift. Thankfully I came across this earlier today, is there anything like this for a Forms saved settings anywhere?

silaman_3-1660545119839.png

Power Automate doesn't have many native Forms connections

Basically trying to reengineer MS services without trying to create something from scratch, if I can get this it should be Ace.

Thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
silaman
Helper I
Helper I

I got it in the end,

I just reverse it each night

silaman_1-1660613907419.png

I have it triggered on a submission for the form,

You can't see it in the above but I also get the form details and run the name into the form closed message, so it says who has already done it and when each time, then at 23:45 another flow resets and accepts responses for the next day.

Whoop whoop

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
silaman
Helper I
Helper I

I messed with it a bit and changed to GET to bring a JSON that actually specifies the line "settings", I just have to figure out how to patch that back in.

"settings": "{\"RequiresUniqueResponse\":false,\"IsAnonymous\":true,\"NotRecordIdentity\":false,\"IsQuizMode\":false,\"TimerEnabledStart\":false,\"EmailNotification\":true,\"FormClosed\":false,\"FormClosedMessage\":null}"

I am trying this so far, but don't really know the right syntax or method yet

silaman_0-1660550470095.png

silaman
Helper I
Helper I

I got it in the end,

I just reverse it each night

silaman_1-1660613907419.png

I have it triggered on a submission for the form,

You can't see it in the above but I also get the form details and run the name into the form closed message, so it says who has already done it and when each time, then at 23:45 another flow resets and accepts responses for the next day.

Whoop whoop

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,877)