cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automating leave request

Hi all, 

This is my first project in automating the process  and i'm pretty exited with the power of these tools. As usual for a beginner, I'm experiencing some difficulties. 
scenario

I have created two list 

1. List1 - leave request with  10 Columns ( Name, Leave type,Date, first working date of leave , last working day of leave ,  supervisor ,Total leave hours ,comment - these values update automatically once submit the request form ,Manager Email - no values  )
2. Manages List - 3 columns ( Employee name , EmpEmail , Manager email ) 
( employee assigned to the corresponding manager for approval )

Then I have created the below flow 

amat11025_0-1600217256595.png

Step I : triggered  when modification is done in List1 ( when some one made a request)
Step 2: get items from Manager List (List 2) and filter it based on employee email ( unique ID) 

Step 3 : Select the value from the 2 step and send the approval request for the corresponding manager 

amat11025_1-1600217637805.png
When I do the test run It was successful, But for some reason manager don't receive any emails. 
Could some one please help me to solve this ? 

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Automating leave request

@amat11025 

You can check with following ways:

1. Before Approval action, place a compose action and insert Manager email field. This will help you to see what email it is using for approval.

2. Try testing by including your and your manage email in the Approver field. If you get email, he should also receive email. You can ask him to check in spam folder also.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Highlighted

Re: Automating leave request

@rsaikrishna  Thanks you for the reply. I have tried both suggestions but same result. 

Capture.JPG

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,184)