cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smartshaker
Frequent Visitor

Avoid checking out documents in sharepoint

Is there a way to avoid checking out documents when you use flow to upload to sharepoint?

Without premium actions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow please.

If you are updating a document, can you check to see if the library is configured to require checkout.

As far as I know, you shouldn't have to check out a document.

Here is an example where I create and update a document without checking it out.

UploadDoc.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow please.

If you are updating a document, can you check to see if the library is configured to require checkout.

As far as I know, you shouldn't have to check out a document.

Here is an example where I create and update a document without checking it out.

UploadDoc.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Hello, @Smartshaker!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @ScottShearer‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Hi @ScottShearer ,

Thanks for your guide to let me know the action with don't need to checking out.

I'm stuck in a similar case, can you give me some instruction? I were open the new Subject. (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/SharePoint-setting-require-check-out-before-e...)

My issue is Excel file in SharePoint needs to be check-out when SharePoint library versioning settings been check-out, but Flow can't capture the table info from SharePoint, so Flow action display error! I show the photos step to step to explain my issue:

Below photo is SharePoint Library Versioning Setting becomes edit before check-out:

check out-Nok_Capture.JPG

Below photo is the Flow can't capture table from Excel on Add a row/updated action with setting require check-out before edit:

check out-Nok1_Capture.JPG

Below photo is the Flow can recognize Excel table info for user to input expression for Add a row or update the Excel rows, this is no setting with requires check-out before edit:

check out-ok1_Capture.JPG

I has run the SharePoint "check-out file" action before running the Excel add a row/update action, but still can't let the flow read the table info in one flow, please refer to below photo:

check out-sharepint_Capture.JPG

Do you know how to fix it? Please advise, thank you.

Regards,

ilu989

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,425)