cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Azure DevOps New item with dynamic iteration

Hello,

I'm trying to create a flow which will create a new item in Azure DevOps whenever a new message is posted in teams.

I already managed to create the item and assign it to a parent, however I am unable to assign it to the current iteration.

When I try to use the values from "List Iterations" it automatically converts to a "Apply to Each" which wouldn't work (I only want to apply it to the current iteration), is there a way to reference the current iteration in Azure DevOps?

This is the current flow I have:

Current flowCurrent flow

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @LABORSAL ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

There is no action about get a specific iteration in Azure DevOps.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @LABORSAL ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

There is no action about get a specific iteration in Azure DevOps.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

Was this feature added since I am trying to do the same thing. I need to extract the current iteration for the work item I am creating based on the responses I get from a form.

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

After lots of messing around I have managed to solve this and create work items and add them to the current iteration:

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 16.07.27.png

Use the List Iterations as normal, then add a Filter Array action.  In the From choose Value from the previous step.

Use the Advanced Editing option and add the expression:

@And(greaterOrEquals(item()?['Attributes/FinishDate'],triggerBody()['key-button-date']),lessOrEquals(item()?['Attributes/StartDate'], triggerBody()['key-button-date']))

Like this:

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 16.12.39.png

Then add a Compose action and in the input at the following expression (the 'Current_Iteration' is the name I gave the filter array action and you will need to change this if you have called it something different):

@first(body('Current_Iteration'))?['Path']

You can now use the dynamic content field Outputs in the Iteration Path of your work team create action:

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 16.17.18.png

@LABORSAL@shvyas@v-zhos-msft 

See my recent post, managed to solve this.  Hope this helps, Dave

Regular Visitor

Hi, managed to solve this after a lot of messing around.  See my post below for the steps.  Hope this helps, Dave

Regular Visitor

@MagicBulletDave 

I can't manage to get this to work with the solution you gave.
I get this error:

eggnes89_0-1605791325042.png

Is there somebody that could help me with this? is there another way to get the new azure devops item in the current iteration?

Thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,083)