cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cecilie
Frequent Visitor

Azure DevOps trigger "When a work item is closed" fails TF212023

Hi,

I have built a Power Automate flow using the Azure DevOps trigger "When a work item is updated". My flow worked fine up to a couple of weeks ago when it started failing with the following message:

TF212023: You cannot compare fields with different data types in the WHERE clause of a work item query. The error is caused by «[System.ChangedDate] >= '2021-06-17T12.41.55.5279680Z'».

With also: type name: "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.Common.VssPropertyValidationException, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, "errorCode":0

I have tried rebuilding the flow from scratch, but it still won't trigger.

My step looks like this:

Cecilie_0-1624001550475.png

Any ideas on how to fix this? Could it be a setting (timezone, time formatting) in my Azure DevOps organisation?

Best regards,

Cecilie

2 REPLIES 2
Rahber
Super User II
Super User II

In your screenshot you are using when a work item is updated. IS the problem with Work item is updated or work item is completed? 

In your screenshot i don't see any date being used. Can you confirm that? 

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

Cecilie
Frequent Visitor

Hi, the problem is with "work item is updated". My flow is supposed to update the status field in a Sharepoint list if the corresponding user story in Azure DevOps changes board column, independent of whether it is completed or not. E.g. if the user story is moved from "New" to "Active" column, the status field in my Sharepoint list should automatically be updated to "Active".

I am not setting any dates in my flow. The date criteria that fails is inherent to the trigger. Which is why I'm wondering if there could be an issue with the environment or organization settings of my Azure DevOps board.

Regards,

Cecilie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,855)