cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Azure Devops - How to make the "Assigned To" dynamic

hi,

I am trying to execute a flow based on the trigger "When a work item is Assigned".   I would like to have this a dynamic one - based on assignment to any resource in the project - rather than specifically getting triggered for a specific resource.

Currently it is showing as a drop down listing the email ID of the team members and another 'Custom Value'..

Please let me know how to make this trigger for dynamic resource assignment.

1403-3.PNG

1403-3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

The When a work item is assigned documentation states: 

Assigned To string
The name of the team member who currently owns the work item.
Key: wiql__System_AssignedTo

So you should be able to initialize a string-based variable called something like TeamEmails, and then passing that variable into the Assigned To. Very similar to something like this: InitializeStringVariable.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

The When a work item is assigned documentation states: 

Assigned To string
The name of the team member who currently owns the work item.
Key: wiql__System_AssignedTo

So you should be able to initialize a string-based variable called something like TeamEmails, and then passing that variable into the Assigned To. Very similar to something like this: InitializeStringVariable.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

I have few queries.

1.  What should be the query that I should be using to get the EMAIL ID from the list?  Since we will be initiating this before the Work Item Assigned Trigger, do we need to query against the Settings - Teams to find all the members email ID??

2. What should be the conditions to check before that Trigger?  

1906.PNG

Shocking from Microsoft again !! These apps are supposed to be for the non-technical people and if the person assigned to the item is "hidden" this is a big ballls-up !! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,934)