cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Azure Devops - How to trigger a flow when the User Story State Change from New to Active

In the available triggers, I couldnt find an option to check for a condition like State change or any other field update.

My requirement is:  I would like to do set of tasks when a story state change from New to Active.  

The only trigger that I can consider is "When a Work Item is Updated" but this flow cannot be modified to check for a specific field change or update.   

Any other ways that this can be done?  Appreciate  your inputs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Azure Devops - How to trigger a flow when the User Story State Change from New to Active

Hi @Mustaque_Ehiya 

Ah i get it now! Currently Flow does not support a direct trigger based on the field change (status). I believe it must be included soon. 

You could post an idea to include the trigger here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Azure Devops - How to trigger a flow when the User Story State Change from New to Active

Hi @Mustaque_Ehiya 

I just tried creating a flow using the "When a Work Item is Updated"  trigger and updated the state of the item and the flow triggered as expected (it took about 5-7 seconds to kick off though). Did you try using  this trigger? Any errors or issues faced on this? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@yashag2255hi it works fine that way but I am looking to have that flow triggered only on ONE condition when the State is changed from New to Active.

With the Work Item Update trigger, it gets activated for every single update to the workitem.  I would like to avoid that and have that triggered only for ONE condition.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Mustaque_Ehiya 

Ah i get it now! Currently Flow does not support a direct trigger based on the field change (status). I believe it must be included soon. 

You could post an idea to include the trigger here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks @yashag2255.  Submitted this idea in the forum.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

@Mustaque_Ehiya 

Perfect! 

Can you please mark this question as answered (to the most appropriate response). Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

You can use the "Reason" field to help build out your logic.

The text of Reason should read something like "Moved out of state New".  Couple that with the value of the "State" field and you should be able to derive your logic.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@yashag2255has this ever been added?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,955)