cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Azure Devops create flow - Trigger build complete, Action - update work item

Hi, I am wanting to update the state of all work items that are part of a release to a certain value, say 'testing' .

I found the following DevOps triggers in Microsoft flow - When a build completes, When code is pushed. But I was not able to find any trigger when a particular release is deployed ? Is there any such trigger ?

Also, lets say I want to use the trigger 'When a build completes', and I need to update all the work items that are linked to that build, how do I do that ? Because when I choose the action 'Update a work item', it asks me for the ID. But I want to get the ID from the build that was just completed. How can I specify that ?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Azure Devops create flow - Trigger build complete, Action - update work item

Hi @sid85,

Unfortunately, there is only the trigger when a build completes in the Azure DevOps connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/visualstudioteamservices/#when-a-build-completes

If you want to get the Build ID form trigger, you can get it from the dynamic content directly:Annotation 2019-11-13 112154.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Re: Azure Devops create flow - Trigger build complete, Action - update work item

Thanks for the reply. Suppose if I want to get the work items associated with a build, how would I do that ? Because the 'found in' and 'integration build' fields are not being set for work items any more (due to the vNext system) , how would I get all the work items related to the build just completed  , and then how would I change their state ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,546)