cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Helper III
Helper III

Azure Devops _ when a work item is updated trigger is not getting execxuted.

Hi,

 

I am trying to build a flow in ADO when a work item is updated (primarily when the state is changed from New to Active), but it is failing without execution and throwing different errrors.  Please let me know how to fix this error.

Note - this trigger is showing as a 'Preview'.

 

notinitiated.PNGbad gateway.PNG520-Api token failure.PNG520.PNG

24 REPLIES 24

Hi @Mustaque_Ehiya This could be a caching issue with the connector. Can you please delete the current connection to azure devops and create a new connection after refreshing the page? Alternatively, how are you testing this? I am hoping you are using a fresh test and not testing based on any previous test runs data.  

 

View solution in original post

Huzzah - atlast the flow ran succesfully after I deleted the existing connected and created a new one !

Thanks.  I shall check the conditions and will report how that goes.

 

1403-2.PNG

New Member

Hello,

 

I am having a very similar issue trying to update an existing Azure DevOps work item. I am using MS Flow to parse through a list of Work Items and if there is a title match then update the work item with the body text of an email. If no match is found, then create a new work item. The flow works for creating new work items. If the match is found and the flow tries to update the work item it throws an error "A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client..."

 

I followed this thread and deleted the existing connection to Azure DevOps, cleared the cache in the browser, and re-created a connection to Azure DevOps. I also tried creating two connections Azure DevOps, one for create and one for update of the Work Items but that still does not work. I test with new test data each time.

 

Image 34.pngImage 35.png

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @NKK 

 

From the error, I can see that you are wrongly referring the item ID in the update action. Can you share a screenshot of the update work item in edit mode so that I can better identify the issue and assist you with this. 

 

Hope this Helps!

 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Updated the ID and that worked. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,035)