cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Azure Devops _ when a work item is updated trigger is not getting execxuted.

Hi @Mustaque_Ehiya This could be a caching issue with the connector. Can you please delete the current connection to azure devops and create a new connection after refreshing the page? Alternatively, how are you testing this? I am hoping you are using a fresh test and not testing based on any previous test runs data.  

View solution in original post

Mustaque_Ehiya
Level: Powered On

Re: Azure Devops _ when a work item is updated trigger is not getting execxuted.

Huzzah - atlast the flow ran succesfully after I deleted the existing connected and created a new one !

Thanks.  I shall check the conditions and will report how that goes.

1403-2.PNG

NKK
Level: Power Up

Hello,

I am having a very similar issue trying to update an existing Azure DevOps work item. I am using MS Flow to parse through a list of Work Items and if there is a title match then update the work item with the body text of an email. If no match is found, then create a new work item. The flow works for creating new work items. If the match is found and the flow tries to update the work item it throws an error "A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client..."

I followed this thread and deleted the existing connection to Azure DevOps, cleared the cache in the browser, and re-created a connection to Azure DevOps. I also tried creating two connections Azure DevOps, one for create and one for update of the Work Items but that still does not work. I test with new test data each time.

Image 34.pngImage 35.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @NKK 

From the error, I can see that you are wrongly referring the item ID in the update action. Can you share a screenshot of the update work item in edit mode so that I can better identify the issue and assist you with this. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,127)