Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SamDixon
Level: Powered On

Azure User Principle Name (UPN) for assigning manager

Hello,

I made a form which anyone can fill out with questions regarding user information, and when the form is completed an approval email is sent to a user. When the email is approved I want to be able to create a user with the form information which I have done.

I am unable to assign a manager because there is no option to user the UPN of the manager, only the ID. If the UPN was an option I could simply have the manager's emails as options to choose from on the form.

I could create seperate questions for each manager and have the ID as the answer but it is far less intuitive.

Hopefully you find this and agree.

Thanks

Sam

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Azure User Principle Name (UPN) for assigning manager

Hi @SamDixon,

Are you trying to get Manager dynamically?

Do you want to send an approval email to Manager when a Microsoft Form is submitted?

I am not sure with “there is no option to user the UPN of the manager, only the ID”, could you share more details on it?

If you want to get the respondent’s Manager dynamically, please check the following screenshot for a reference.

Note: Make sure you have set user’s Manager in AAD properly.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SamDixon
Level: Powered On

Re: Azure User Principle Name (UPN) for assigning manager

Hi Mabel,

Sorry I may not have been clear.

If you look at the sceenshot below, they way I have my flow setup is for a form to be filled out and then a user can be created through AAD. This works fine.

When I got to assign a manager, you can see it can find the user I want a manager assigning to using the UPN, so I can use dynamic content for that field. However when it asks for the manager it only allows me to use their unique ID and not their UPN.

This means I cannot use the dynamic content from the form. Does this make sense?

Hopefully this is a little more clear.

Thanks

Sam

Create user flow.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,082)