Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alarson214
Level: Powered On

Bad Gateway error

Hello,

Over the past week or two of messing around with SharePoint and Microsoft Flows, I have kept running into an error when trying to access files from outside of SharePoint (specifically through an approval process that sends a link to the person assigned the approval) or copy files over to another site/library. Is this something on my end, flow's end, or? The error is below:

Edit: I may have found the cause of the error, but I'm not sure how or why. At the very beginning in the "When an item is created" step, under inputs, I am given a library name of: 66d25bf8-7ecc-4866-ba14-ad0650bd1663. At the very end of the approval chain (after both approvals), I am given the same bad gateway error with the prompt that the item doesn't exist. I then have a different library name of: 3060e39b-f9f4-4b88-a6c3-da731b9914e7. Is the change that occurs somewhere in the library name causing SharePoint to look elsewhere to change the status of the approval request?

{
"error": {
"code": 502,
"source": "flow-apim-msmanaged-na-westus2-01.azure-apim.net",
"clientRequestId": "99a56c4e-a0ef-4355-acde-b74c932f1497",
"message": "BadGateway",
"innerError": {
"status": 500,
"message": "Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.\r\nclientRequestId: 99a56c4e-a0ef-4355-acde-b74c932f1497\r\nserviceRequestId: 845bc89e-a0ee-8000-5218-ed952aede969"
}
}
}
tophalf.pngmiddle.pngbottom.png
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bad Gateway error

Hi @Alarson214 ,

Could you share a full screen shot on your flow configuration? I would like to know the value specified for each field.

Generally, 502 bad gateway error is temporary or transient, you just need to resubmit to try the flow again.

I have made a simple flow likes below for testing, under Inputs of the trigger, the library name is its exact name but not a GUID.

Please check the following images for a reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

By the way, if you are working with files in SharePoint, please change the trigger to When a file is created to see if you will get the same issue.

And Yes for your question, your flow is looking somewhere else to change the status of the approval request but not the one you specified before.

Please share more details on your flow configuration to help reproduce this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Alarson214
Level: Powered On

Hey @v-yamao-msft,

Thanks for the reply. See below screenshots for the entire flow.

I will try the flow with the change to "when a file is created" to see if the issue is recreated.

All of this is being done in a subsite, if that is relevant.

Update: I tried using the "When a file is created" in SharePoint Trigger, and I am met with the same error, and it is still looking for the same library name: 3060e39b-f9f4-4b88-a6c3-da731b9914e7

Thanks

top.pngtopmid.pngbottommid.pngbottom.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Alarson214 ,

Thanks for providing the detailed screenshots.

It seems in the action Set content approval status, the library you are using is different from the one in the trigger “When an item is created”, which should be the cause of the issue.

I am afraid that you may need to use the same library within this flow so that flow could set the approval status to the corresponding item.

I have made another simple flow for your reference:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,050)